Friday, May 30, 2008

Origins or Bust

A few weeks ago GAMA released the event schedule for Origins Game Fair and I signed up for my events when the list came available. This is the first year I have been able to get into all the games I wanted to play. At this point I have my schedule full and am really looking forward to the weekend in June starting on the 25th.

When I go to Origins I play a lot of roleplaying games because I don't get a chance to most of the time to play them. I also have a board game scheduled and a couple seminars on the industry of gaming.

At this point I have the following scheduled.

  • Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition - Gotta give it a try since it will be out on the shelves this month.
  • All Flesh Must Be Eaten - Because zombies are cool when kept in the rear view mirror.
  • The Savage World of Solomon Kane - Pulp adventure in Robert E. Howard's world could never be better.
  • Pathfinder - The continuing saga in the D&D 3.5 rules has me intrigued with Paizo's world.
  • Mutants & Masterminds - There's a little superhero in everyone.
  • Call of Cthulhu - H.P. Lovecraft's world of strangeness is always a blast (sometimes more literally than others).
  • Serenity - The big damn game I miss out on every year at Origins, but not this time.
  • Star Trek - Not my favorite setting for a roleplaying game but the event description sounded really cool.

And this is the board game I wanted to try out before buying.

  • Arkham Horror - Another game based on H.P. Lovecraft's imagination.

Those things should keep me busy for most of the weekend. There was a time when I would have been able to sacrifice more sleep for gaming, but I am one of those gamers who started playing in the early 80's, thus I am one who just doesn't have the energy for all-nighters anymore.

If you are planning on being at Origins this year I would love to hear what games you are looking forward to. So, please post a comment or e-mail me.

No comments: